Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Our International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) is a seamless continuation of elementary learning at ISDenver and engages students in small classes, using hands-on learning and technology.
- Within the MYP structure, we continue to focus strongly on the development of bilingualism, while building international-mindedness. We capitalize on the students’ broad knowledge base and help them apply their diverse approaches to learning to reinforce a focus on global citizenship.
- The interdisciplinary framework of the IB MYP – consisting of language acquisition, language and literature, individuals and societies, sciences, mathematics, arts, physical and health education, and design – draws on authentic connections between the eight subjects to make learning more meaningful for our students. ISDenver students understand how math and science relate to arts and humanities, and are able to apply their lessons to life outside the classroom.
- Additionally, we offer both novice- and advanced-level, intensive foreign-language instruction in French, Chinese, and Spanish to our 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. New students are not required to have any prior foreign-language experience prior to joining the MYP.
- The IB MYP’s focus on service, character development and global perspectives culminates in an annual community project and Spring service learning trip to Costa Rica. On the heels of the broad, balanced, and rigorous curriculm, our 8th grade students are well prepared to meet the challenges of high school; 87% are admitted to their high school of choice, with many electing to continue their IB educational journey at a local IB World School.
- Curious what the IB and MYP really look like at ISDenver? Check out this post on our Admissions Blog to learn more.