Night of the Tales
We're still looking for some volunteers to help make the magic happen!
Sign up here to help tomorrow or Friday!
Night of the Tales is taking place on the ISDenver campus on Friday, September 13, 5:30 - 7:30 PM.
This year, the Tales are back! Our Middle School students will be doing the storytelling! Entertainment begins at 6:15 PM at the stage (please see the map).
This is a dress-as-your favorite character event for all of your costume-loving children! Halloween, Super Hero, and Ballet recital finest all work, too! If your child isn't into it, that's just fine -- fun will still be had by all!
Our PTO will also be on site selling their fabulous ISDenver Dragon Swag!
Use #ISDNightoftheTales and #YouBelongHere when you post your photos to Instagram and Facebook!
Sadly, Night of the Tales will be cancelled in the event of bad weather. Keep your fingers crossed for a perfect Colorado night!
Please see the provided map linked here and below. In addition to street parking, the North lot near Kimak will be open; the Welcome Center lot will be in use by CFU for a performance that night, so will not be available to ISDenver. The lot immediately south of campus (National Conference of State Legislators) and Wings Over the Rockies parking are entirely open to us Friday night.
Enter (and exit) through the Lower School gates. For safety and security, all other gates (and buildings) will be locked during the event.
A few friendly reminders:
- Our performers are our very own Middle School students! They have worked diligently to prepare enchanting stories for all of you in their target languages. Please be respectful during their performances.
- Please respect our campus grounds - the soccer field is closed for the evening, and all school buildings are closed as well. Please refrain from going into these areas.
- The Welcome Center parking lot - i.e., CFU's Parking Lot - is not available for parking for Night of the Tales, as CFU has their own event Friday evening.
- Keep the climbing to the playgrounds! Please refrain from climbing over the gates of our secure perimeter. (Yes, this happened last year!)
Many families elect to enjoy dinner during the event, and bring any of the following (basically, no restrictions!):
- Picnic supper for the family, or a pot luck to share.
- Blanket or lawn chairs (please set up full-height chairs toward the back).
- Your Nalgene or Swell bottle (already filled).
- Sweater or jacket in case it cools down as the sun sets.
- Adult beverages are absolutely allowed!
This is our second year hosting a community Biergarten, with root beer for all ages and beer for the adults! And if suds aren't your thing, please pack your favorite Rose with your picnic. Of course, if you imbibe, plan a safe ride ahead of time. And, a gentle reminder, you are attending an event at your child's school, so keep it clean and be prepared to pack out what you pack in!
Sit anywhere you'd like! This year, there will only be one 'stage' located between the gym and Lower School building, in the corner next to the turf. Sit with your neighbors, your classmates, your faculty / coaches / club leaders, your club-mates, or make new ISDenver friends! You asked for more opportunities to mingle across the community -- here's a great one!
- Your child's safety is of paramount importance to us. Once again we will be restricting access into campus, and having two uniformed Denver Police Department officers. Please do your part, too, and keep an eye on your kids during the event.
- Please discuss in advance that if your children cannot find you, and vice versa, you are to meet under the blue ISDenver tent. Our staff and volunteers will be trained on this, too.