We got accepted. Now what?
First of all, congratulations! On behalf of the Admissions Team and our entire International School of Denver community, welcome! We are so excited to have you as a part of our community and don’t think it would be the same without you!
What is next?
Take a big breath! Really. You found the perfect placement for your child(ren) and now you have some breathing room. The first day of school is August 16 - which gives you plenty of time. (By the way, here is the 2023-2024 school year calendar for more important dates!)
Here is what you can expect from us in the coming months:
- Back-to-school logistics. Over the summer, we’ll send periodic emails with details on everything back-to-school related, including:
- Virtual Orientation Videos
- In-person new student orientation
- New Family Parent Portal
- School packing lists
- First-day details
- World ENews. World ENews is our one-stop-shop for campus-wide communications. During the summer, you’ll receive a monthly ENews from us. At the start of the school year, you’ll receive this electronic publication from us weekly, currently sent each Tuesday afternoon.
- Club Sign-ups? Check ENews.
- Volunteer Opportunities? Check ENews.
- Important dates to remember? Check ENews.
How can I help my child prepare?
If your child(ren) is new to an immersion environment, here are a few ways you can help them prepare:
- Screentime in the Target Language. If you offer screen time, consider offering it only in Chinese, French, or Spanish.
- ISDenver Summer Programs! From Sports to Scuba, we’ve got you covered this summer with a wide variety of summer program options. If your child is three by this summer, consider signing up for a session or two of camp. You can choose the target language or a variety of English camps. This is a perfect way for your kid(s) to start getting super comfortable on campus and building their ear for language! Learn more on our summer programs website.
How to get involved now!
- Get Social. If you're on Social, follow us, like us, love us. We are active on Facebook and Instagram.
- Join us for Global Gala April 1 It is the party of the year! Get a babysitter and join our community as we party with a purpose - fundraising to grow our Financial Assistance. Get your tickets here.
The Admissions Team is here for you! Please let us know how we can help.
Welcome, welcome, welcome.
More School News & Views
Our 5th Grade French Program launched a podcast. In the first of the series, students discuss a book they read in their book club on the topic of immigration. Take a listen!